VMware Edu & Cert Community
renodokk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6-Cloud vs VCP6-CMA

Hello

Referencing the official certification paths from VMware, http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/

I can see that if you achieved the VCP-Cloud you will automatically get VCP-CMA

Is there really two VCP's for cloud or is the CMA meant to be replacing the old cloud?

When looking at the specifications it looks like the Cloud one is more general knowledge and that the CMA is based on vRealize Automation

If I click on the exam name for each, the CMA gives me exam specifics and Cloud goes back to 5.5 edition (VCPC550) and loops into itself if I click any further.

As a technician starting out with vCloud suite I find it very confusing to have two certifications in the newest road map. There is even two VCA's, but they are differentiated a bit more.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

If you look on the Version 6 Certification Roadmap at VMware Certification you will see VCP6-CMA (VCP6-Cloud).  The VCP6-Cloud name is deprecated, replaced by VCP6-CMA.  The  paths and exams are the same, the name changed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

If you look on the Version 6 Certification Roadmap at VMware Certification you will see VCP6-CMA (VCP6-Cloud).  The VCP6-Cloud name is deprecated, replaced by VCP6-CMA.  The  paths and exams are the same, the name changed.