VMware Edu & Cert Community
DeeHoudini
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6.5-DCV foundation exam 2V0-602

Hi all,

Currently I've only passed the VMware vsphere 6.5 foundations exam so far but, noticed that the VCP6.5-DCV exam will be retired by August this year.

Sooo can I use the pass for the 6.5 foundations exam as entry for the new VCP-DCV19 exam!?

Also will my exam voucher for the VCP6.5-DCV be usable for the VCP-DCV 2019 exam as it's doesn't expire until 2020?

Thanks

1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sooo can I use the pass for the 6.5 foundations exam as entry for the new VCP-DCV19 exam!?

vSphere Foundations on 6.0, 6.5, and 6.7 all count towards VCP-DCV 2019, confirmed here: VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2019 (VCP-DCV 2019)

Also will my exam voucher for the VCP6.5-DCV be usable for the VCP-DCV 2019 exam as it's doesn't expire until 2020?

As the cost of the VCP exams is the same, I expect your voucher would be OK. If you got your voucher from a college as part of completing their training (rather than a commercial training company), just be sure to do the "PSE" version of the VCP exam. Email certification@vmware.com if you want clarification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog