VMware Edu & Cert Community
jfsimon
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6.5-DCV and vsphere 6.7 class

Hi

I plan to sit for the 2V0-602 and 2V0-622 exams  this month of August, which I hope I will pass. Next month (September 2018) I will follow the mandatory one week class:

VMWare VSphere: Install, Configure, Manage, in order to get the full VCP6.5-DCV certifications. I know I have rights to do things in this order (exams first then the class)

The class (by Global Knowledge) will also cover Vsphere 6.7 extensions.

Here is my question: Will I validate my VCP6.5-DCV certication with that 6.7 based class? Global knowledge told me that starting in September there won't be any more strictly vsphere6.5 based classes.

Thanks a lot

-jf simon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The VCP6.5-DCV page doesn't show 6.7 classes, but I suspect it will.

VMware do usually allow newer version classes to qualify for the older version certifications (for the same major version of the software) - for example the 6.5 classes do qualify for VCP6-DCV as well as the 6.0 classes.

If you want to be sure, email certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
VI__ESX_3_5
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you want to appear for VCP6.5 -DCV class then you need to appear for 6.5 training class. 6.7 class may not cover 6.5 certification.

you can drop a mail to certification@vmware.com for confirmation of the same.

0 Kudos