VMware Edu & Cert Community
ninjaburn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6.5-DCV Foundation Test - Open Book?

I am looking for a bit of clarity on the format of the Foundations test. In my VMware course, the instructor noted it was 'open book'. So can anyone detail that more? I know it is online, timed, and no proctor, but are we allowed to have, say the Official Cert guide on our desk? I have gone through the Exam Prep and located all the linked items as well (including PDFS), can I have those on a separate screen/PC during the test?

Just trying to get some clarity, I'm used to the normal, "turn in your keys/phone/empty pockets/there is someone watching" kind of tests...

Thank you!!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

The vSphere Foundations exams are delivered online in a non-proctored format. So you can take them from your home or desk or anywhere with sufficient internet access. That also means that no one is watching if you look up the answers, which is where the "open book" comment comes from. But the reality is, with the number of questions and time allowed, you probably wouldn't have time to look up every answer. So, the best advice is study as much as you usually would, and rely on your other resources only if necessary.

The elective exams (the second one you have to pass to become certified), are proctored and delviered in a restricted PearsonVue environment. That's the "empty your pockets" experience you mention.

Best of luck to you!

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

The vSphere Foundations exams are delivered online in a non-proctored format. So you can take them from your home or desk or anywhere with sufficient internet access. That also means that no one is watching if you look up the answers, which is where the "open book" comment comes from. But the reality is, with the number of questions and time allowed, you probably wouldn't have time to look up every answer. So, the best advice is study as much as you usually would, and rely on your other resources only if necessary.

The elective exams (the second one you have to pass to become certified), are proctored and delviered in a restricted PearsonVue environment. That's the "empty your pockets" experience you mention.

Best of luck to you!

ninjaburn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the feedback.

I am currently studying now since all of this ties in with the VCP second exam anyway, but I just wanted to check if I was allowed additional materials during the test...online materials were my biggest question, but no reason why I couldn't create a booklet and just keep it handy in case I get stuck, or I am lucky enough to have time to review a few questions.

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You should be able to have two tabs open and toggle back and forth if needed.