VMware Edu & Cert Community
Skyxcube
Contributor
Contributor

VCP550PSE Exam

Hi there,

I'm having trouble getting my transcript update with VCP certification, here's the story :

A few months ago I found out that with my school I had the opportunity to get this voucher thought OnTheHub :

-----------------------------------

Unlike the commercial offering, this industry-recognized certification does not require completion of a VMware-authorized training course.  Attending training or hands-on experience with VMware technologies is, however, highly recommended.

Exam vouchers purchased from the VMware Certification Marketplace are only for the VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 exam (exam codes: VCP510PSE or VCP550PSE). Vouchers can be used at any Pearson VUE test center worldwide.

Vouchers expire twelve (12) months from date of purchase.

VMware Exam Discount Code

1. Go to www.vmware.com/go/vmapcerts  and select the exam version for which you wish to register: VMware vSphere 5.0/5.1 based exam (VCP510PSE) or VMware vSphere 5.5 based exam (VCP550PSE) and click on Request Authorization.
  2. Registration is completed in VMware Education’s learning management system (myLearn) so you must login or create an account if you are a first time user.
  3. Upon successful registration, you will be authorized to take the exam and provided with a unique Candidate ID. The authorization is emailed to your myLearn account email address.
  4. Go to www.vmwarecertificationmarketplace.com/VMAP to purchase an exam voucher for the VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 exam (exam code: VCP510PSE or VCP550PSE).
  5. In the payment page, apply your exam discount code in the “Coupon code? Enter it here” box to receive your 70% discount.
  6. You will receive an email from the VMware Certification Marketplace containing your exam voucher number (VMAP********) and instructions to redeem the voucher through Pearson VUE.
  7. Exams are managed by Pearson VUE. Go to Schedule Exam and “Sign in” or “Create an account” if you are a first time user. Once you are signed in you should see the exam to schedule in the “Pre-approved Exams” section.
  8. Select the exam, check the exam details, choose a location, date and time and proceed to checkout. At the payment page, enter the voucher number, obtained from the VMware Certification Marketplace in step 6, into the “Add Voucher or Promo Code” box and click “Apply.” Complete payment details.
  9. When the scheduling process is complete, you will receive an email from Pearson VUE confirming your scheduled exam details.

I said great, this VCP training course is soooo expensive, here's a way to finally get this VCP certification.

So last week I did succeed to this exam VCP550PSE, 2 days later I can see that the exam success appears in MyLearn, great, but no transcript.

I send an email to VMware asking why and they said :

"Please be informed that as per the VMWare policy, completion of course is mandatory to get certified as VCP5-DCV. Kindly contact the school/academy which offered the promotion."

I'm really disappointed since this was the main reason why I bought this voucher...

Any idea ? I've read a few stories on the web about this PSE exam, but not so much and now I'm stuck.

PS : here is the voucher on another school's website VMware Certification Exam Discount Code - Download | Western Governors University - Information Tech...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will still need to meet the training requirement before being awarded the VCP5-DCV.

You can get trained directly by VMware, by a commercial training provider who is registered as a VMware Authorised Training Center (VATC), or an academic instiution who is a member of the VMware IT Academy (VITA) program.

The PSE exam is for students who have taken their VMware training through a VITA, that's why you see it mentioned on the websites of schools.

VMware and VATCs offer the training in 5 days, whereas VITAs offer the training over a term/semester and only to individuals paying for their own training.

One of the most well-known VITAs in the community is Stanly: https://www.stanly.edu/future-students/continuing-education/technology-courses/vmware-vsphere-instal...

Until you have completed the training you won't have met the requirements for the certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Skyxcube
Contributor
Contributor

Well the fact is that I did follow a training course on VMware Technologies, at school...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Was the school a VITA? Was the course syllabus like this: VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5]

If so, talk to the school about them registering your attendance with VMware. If not, the course might not meet the requirement for the certification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos