VMware Edu & Cert Community
diegoleonarduzz
Contributor
Contributor

VCP510 blueprint 2.9 and the disappeared topics

Hi guys,

first of all... sorry for my english Smiley Wink

I'm studing for the VCP-DCV certification. In particular I'm preparing the VCP510 exam.

I'm a little bit confuse... on the blueprint 2.9 it seems that some parts are forgotten...

Ok for the VSA (vitual storage appliance) that is disappeared also from the 3.1 blueprint (for the VCP550).... but I find really strange that also the chapter regarding the snapshots and the VDR is completly disappeared.

If it was a mistake is possible no one found it before?

Someone that took the exam from july of 2013 till yesterday can confirm that there aren't questions regarding this topics?

Thanks,

Diego

4 Replies
crawfordm
Expert
Expert

The VCP510 and the VCP550 are two different exams, so of course the blue prints are going to be different.  If you are going to take the VCP550, I would make sure to follow the blueprint associated with that exam.

------------------------------------------------------------------ If you found this answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Thanks, Marc Crawford CCNA, MCSE, MCTS, A+, Net+, Sec +, VCA-WM, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-NV, VCP-NV, VCP-DCV, VCP, VCAP5-DCA http://gplus.to/marccrawford http://blog.marccrawford.com @uber_tech_geek
diegoleonarduzz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi crawfordm,

thanks for your answer. I know that VCP510 and VCP550 are two different exams and I'm preparing for the VCP510.

My question regards the strange thing (IMHO) that a chapter (the one that describes the snapshot technology and the VDR) is disappeared from the blueprint.

This chapter exist in the previous versions of the blueprint (and exists also in the - ok different exam but very similar arguments Smiley Wink - new blueprint).

I need to know if this is only a mistake or there is really no questions about the VDR (VMware Data Recovery) on the VCP510 exam test...

Thanks!

Diego

Gav0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

They were taken out of the blueprint as the VCP510 exam is version agnostic - meaning that only technologies and features relevant to both 5.0/5.1 are tested on.  Anything that is not available in both versions was removed.

VMware provide this as a blueprint for exam topics that you need to know for the exam - you should not expect to be tested on anything that isn't in the blueprint.

Any major changes between blueprint versions are intentional not mistakes

good luck!

Please award points to your peers for any correct or helpful answers
diegoleonarduzz
Contributor
Contributor

So they called the new backup product VDP from 5.1 and above (no more VDR that was only for the 5.0 version) and they took out the chapter.

The strange thing is that in the same chapter they spoke about snapshots... and I think is almost impossible a VCP510 whitout snapshot regarding questions... :smileyshocked:

Many thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos