VMware Edu & Cert Community
Tim01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP5 to VCP5.5

Curious as I could not find a direct answer on the forums. So I apologize if this is something that has been answered.

I have my VCP5 in VMware ESXi 5.0. Took the exam pretty close to when it was released but I want to just get 5.5 so I don't have to worry about it for another 3 years.

Obviously, I've taken the class for the the cert. My question is: Is there anything else I need to do other than taking the VCP5.5 exam to get my cert in 5.5 and, in conjunction, renew my VCP cert?

Do I have to take the class again? Or anything else like that?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So, if I take the VCP-DT, my VCP-DCV is renewed?

Yes, as per the recertification policy page I linked to previously.

For VCP-DT, I don't need a class?

Correct, you'll see the requirements for VCP-DT here: (VCP5-DT) VMware Certified Professional - Desktop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
crawfordm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

As long as you are a valid current vcp, you do not have to do anything else.  Just take the 5.5 exam.

(VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

------------------------------------------------------------------ If you found this answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Thanks, Marc Crawford CCNA, MCSE, MCTS, A+, Net+, Sec +, VCA-WM, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-NV, VCP-NV, VCP-DCV, VCP, VCAP5-DCA http://gplus.to/marccrawford http://blog.marccrawford.com @uber_tech_geek
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You don't need to do anything right now, there is no VCP5 or VCP5.5 certification - passing either the VCP510 exam (which you have, based on 5.0/5.1) or VCP550 exam (based on 5.5) earns the same VCP5-DCV certification.

Have a look here for confirmation: Two Available VCP5-DCV Exams

You will have to recertify at some point, the current policy on that is here: Recertification Policy

You might want to work towards a VCP or VCAP in another discipline, or a VCAP on vSphere to help with your recertification.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Tim01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, as per the recertification policy page I linked to previously.

Correct, you'll see the requirements for VCP-DT here: (VCP5-DT) VMware Certified Professional - Desktop

0 Kudos
Tim01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you sir!

0 Kudos