VMware Edu & Cert Community
gd7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP5 required courses

I would like a clarification on required courses - I've already attended the official course VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.1] a long time ago(20-May-2011), but regrettably had not had a chance to attempt certification at the time.

What would my path be to VCP5 - do I need to attend the full training course for v5 or can I attend only a shorter one for like what's new? Am I wrong in asuming that I need to start with training courses from scratch or was the expiration only for the exam?

G

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 3 on this page applies to you: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chakraem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

what does it say in your mylearn account

VCP-Cloud, VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM & VCA-DCV
0 Kudos
gd7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can view the certificate and use next that suggests more v4 courses(3), but nothing else thus my question here.

VCP5-DCV page details a path3 that involves vSphere: What's New [V4.X to V5.5], but I need to be certain before enrolling for a course that it applies to my case.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 3 on this page applies to you: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Chakraem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well the easy course for you should be either Path 3 Option 2 or Path 4 Option 1

VCP-Cloud, VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-WM & VCA-DCV
0 Kudos