VMware Edu & Cert Community
virtualinstall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP5 Recertification Help Please...

Hi all,

I'm looking to recertify my VCP5-DCV and have only just got round to looking at this.  I've got 'til Dec 2015 but have time to work on this now.  I requested and received authorization for the VCP6 Delta but think I've left this to late from what I'm reading?  PearsonVue site keep crashing out on me so can't confirm!  I liked the option of renewing this on the cheap with the Delta exam.

Requested and received authorization for the VCP550 Delta exam but know much about this, it's a online open book exam?  What's the cost of this?  Again PearsonVue site is being a nightmare so can't actually view scheduling options and costs.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The VCP6-DCV delta exam (2V0-621D) was in beta, but I believe the beta period has just ended - the final delta exam should be launched in July/August I expect.

You'll still be "renewing on the cheap" with the final delta exam - no course needed, just a single exam, and you'll gain VCP6-DCV as well as recertifying your VCP5-DCV.

If you do want to recertify now, you can do that with VCP550D, or you could take a VCP in a different technology area, or push yourself to VCAP level.

VCP550D is taken online from any location.

You can learn more here:

VCP6-DCV Certification

(VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The VCP6-DCV delta exam (2V0-621D) was in beta, but I believe the beta period has just ended - the final delta exam should be launched in July/August I expect.

You'll still be "renewing on the cheap" with the final delta exam - no course needed, just a single exam, and you'll gain VCP6-DCV as well as recertifying your VCP5-DCV.

If you do want to recertify now, you can do that with VCP550D, or you could take a VCP in a different technology area, or push yourself to VCAP level.

VCP550D is taken online from any location.

You can learn more here:

VCP6-DCV Certification

(VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
virtualinstall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Scott for the reply, I think for now I'll prep for the VCP550D then.  Do you know how long this will be available for?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 4 on the VCP5-DCV page I linked to would have taken you here: Delta Exam - New VCP-DCV Exam

September 30th 2015 is the end date for VCP550D.

virtualinstall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry been hopping around all morning trying to get expiry dates and prices on these, don't know how I missed that.  Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos