VMware Edu & Cert Community
Socrates82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP5 Preperation

Hi Guys,

I am in the middle of prepearing to VCP5, hopefully will take the exam in March-11, after that i will get the fast track course for the certficate purpose

What I did is the following;

get the VSP and VTSP

watch the train-signal, and build my lab, using worstation 7

destroy the lab and rebuild it again, using workstation 8 and addtional enahncment, have a seperate sql, internal virtual network for enhanced performance, shared SCSi using windows server

currently am in the final stage, the longest one, I have printed out all the guides, starting from vSphere Basics, till the Troubelshooting guide PLUS all the CLI guide, total of around 20 guide and 2000 pages!! am reading from them and look everything in the lab so i easilly memorize.

1.)Would this ensure me to pass??

2.)it is too much time consuming, Is this the most healthy way to study? Is there any other ways, hopefully more foucsed to the material of the exam and less time consuming?? any other advice

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You missed one key step - The VCP Blue Print - this details what will be covered on the exam and will help you narrow down what needs to be studied - but yes with your hands lab experience, following the Blue Print and reading the documentation you should be fine -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
AmeenMunaff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you clear the certification? Please share your experience.

Regards, Ameen Munaf
0 Kudos