VMware Edu & Cert Community
alelondon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP5 Exam registration discount at VMworld

Just wondering if anyone who was at VMworld attended the #VCP5 kickstart session and still has the voucher code?

I was there but seem to have lost mine Smiley Sad If you still have it I'd appreciate it if you could send me by direct message or email.

Thank you all

Twitter account @VirtualAlex1

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Before anybody posts the codes directly onto this thread, VMware intended for the codes to be made available for VMWorld attendees only, I would expect they would moderate this thread if the codes were posted here.

That's not directed at you Alex, as you have asked for them to be sent directly to you.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
alelondon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey chaps, not to worry! I have found it. Or rather, I spoke with VMware in the US who were able to confirm my attendance and provide me with the discount code.

Cheers

0 Kudos
ranjitcool
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Jeez Scott, why does vmware gotta do that. Not every one has the funds to go to vmworld! And I think just for the codes sake moderation of this thread would not be fair.

RJ

Please award points if you find my answers helpful Thanks RJ Visit www.rjapproves.com
0 Kudos
AureusStone
Expert
Expert

It is just a warning that you shouldn't post the codes on the VMware forums.

The codes are already out there and I am sure VMware understood there was no way they could prevent this happening, but they can atleast stop the codes being shared on their own forum.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The discount codes are a benefit for those who did pay the VMWorld fee - it's not really fair on those people if those who didn't pay the fee also get the codes.

And before you attack me, I'm only the messenger - I don't work for VMware. If you wish to take this up with the forum moderators feel free to contact one.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
alelondon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Am with Scott on this one. I was just asking it to be mailed directly at me. (Desperately I might add) as the codes could only be used while VMworld was still going on. As I came back one day earlier and lost my code I was kinda hoping someone at VMworld would see this thread. In the end it was jsut easier for me to call VMware and prove that I was a VMworld atendee so they just gave me the 50% discount code over the phone.

0 Kudos