VMware Edu & Cert Community
duldul201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP5 Exam Blueprint and Training Academy Syllabus

I hear that the syllabus of VCP5 as covered by the Training Academy does not cover 100% of VCP5 Exam Blueprint. Is that correct? If so then can some kindly list the objectives which are not covered by the Training Academy so that those VCP5 Exam Blueprint objectives can be learnt separately?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Even when an objective topic is covered in the training, it may or may not be covered to the same degree as the exam could test you on, so it's not as simple as you think it is. In other words, to prepre for the exam you should assume that you need to work through every topic on the exam blueprint using the documentation and the software in a lab setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Are you referring to the "vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]" class? It covers practical use of the vSphere products to get an environment up and running and gives you a foundation to build upon. The VCP5 certification goes beyond this and assumes more in depth knowledge as stated in the blueprint.

A candidate for the VCP certification has approximately six months experience working with a vSphere implementation.

The objectives are covered in the class but five days is not enough to absorb the depth of knowledge assumed by the VCP exam.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Even when an objective topic is covered in the training, it may or may not be covered to the same degree as the exam could test you on, so it's not as simple as you think it is. In other words, to prepre for the exam you should assume that you need to work through every topic on the exam blueprint using the documentation and the software in a lab setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos