VMware Edu & Cert Community
hkpVCP
Contributor
Contributor

VCP5 Delay

Is anyone else having a delay in getting confirmation of their VCP5 after passing the test?

I passed on 2/8 and still haven't gotten an email.  I have also emailed certification@vmware.com on the 24th and only recieved the autmated "a case has been generated" email back.

I realize that there was probably a mad rush to get the VCP5 before the upgrade path expired, but is this much of a delay in processing the norm right now?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I am in the same boat - being this is my 4th VCP it seems like all of them tok 8 weeks before I got antything official form VMware - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
hkpVCP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

+1  Passed over two weeks ago.  They need to give the application that generates the emails some more RAM & CPU shares.

0 Kudos
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

simonhamiltonwilkes wrote:

+1  Passed over two weeks ago.  They need to give the application that generates the emails some more RAM & CPU shares.

Ha, this is a good one.

0 Kudos
Richard1313
Contributor
Contributor

I passed VCP 5 on 2/10 and still haven't heard anything from VMware.   When I passed VCP 4 in December, it was exactly 10 working days when I received the email and the score showed up on my transcript.

I am sure that with the Feb 29 deadline, there were a lot more test takers than normal, but you would think that most of this would be automated. 

0 Kudos
hkpVCP
Contributor
Contributor

simonhamiltonwilkes wrote:

Funny.

Richard, that mimcs my experience thus far.

Maybe we will get an official word later.

Let me know if anyone pull the panic lever.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes, do we get something like Email or paper certificate ?

/* Please feel free to provide any comments or input you may have. */
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

A paper certificate - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
hkpVCP
Contributor
Contributor

Albert Widjaja wrote:

Yes, do we get something like Email or paper certificate ?

You should get both.

From the FAQs http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/faqs.cfm

How long after I pass the exam before I receive notification of my exam results?
Candidates will receive their score report from the Pearson VUE testing center at the time of exam completion. If you passed the exam and have also completed your course requirement, VMware will notify you that your certification has been achieved. Please expect 10 business days from your exam date for this notification, and for your certification to appear on your online transcript. Please expect up to six weeks for delivery of your printed certificate.

When can I expect my Certification Kit?
Your certificate will arrive 4-6 weeks after you pass the exam. If you do not receive your kit within this time, please send an email to certification@vmware.com with your name and Candidate ID.
0 Kudos
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

When can I expect my Certification Kit?
Your certificate will arrive 4-6 weeks after you pass the exam. If you do not receive your kit within this time, please send an email to certification@vmware.com with your name and Candidate ID.

Wonder what is in the Certification kit.

As stated earlier, a paper certificate for sure. I got the Email from vmware today asking me to confirm my mailing address and agreement on the the terms.

0 Kudos
Richard1313
Contributor
Contributor

I received the email notification from VMware today confirming my VCP 5 status.   I passed the exam on 2/10/2012 so it has been 3 weeks (14 business days).

0 Kudos
hkpVCP
Contributor
Contributor

I got mine today too.

Maybe it was an HA thing instead of shares/reservations.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Meehow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!!

I took my exam at 15/02. 02/03 there was still nothing on my transcript so decided to write to certification@vmware.com. And now,after only one day they send me an email to login on Education and complete rest of requirements for VCP5. Now it'll take 4-6 weeks to get paper version of cert.

Regards

Michał

0 Kudos