VMware Edu & Cert Community
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP5-DCV exam authorization without ICM class

Can i attempt VCP5-DCV exam first and then attend ICM training......i am asking this bcoz as per  one blog now one should attend ICM class first to register for VCP exam.

Today i just tried to register for VCP5 exam and got authorized in next 15 minutes and this exam is available to schedule at PearsonVUE site. The strange thing is i haven't attended ICM class yet(planning to attend it in January) then why this exam is authorized when i am supposed to attend the ICM class first. Could anybody please clearify?

- Noor Mohammad
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

got a class id and passcode from my instructor to register vSphere:ICM class with my training account and then i logged in on my mylearn account and registered this class with my id......... Smiley HappyCapture.JPG

- Noor Mohammad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
gh0stnet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Usually you have to take the class first, I do know that even if you pass the VCP5-DCV exam you will NOT be given your VCP5-DCV Certification until you have taken the approved training class and have Passed the actually class.

Hope that helps somewhat.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The theory of the authorisation for VCP exams should include validation that training requirements have been met, but I don't think this is being enforced at the moment - the authorisation process creates you the Candidate ID that you need on your VMware and PearsonVUE records.

As has been mentioned, you won't get the certification til you have also taken the training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

so in this case, shall i have to provide my Candidate id at the time of class for attendance or VMware authorized training provider would provide me a class id after training?

- Noor Mohammad
0 Kudos
Noor2122
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

got a class id and passcode from my instructor to register vSphere:ICM class with my training account and then i logged in on my mylearn account and registered this class with my id......... Smiley HappyCapture.JPG

- Noor Mohammad
0 Kudos
mannan4u
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Gurus,

I completed VCP5-dcv exam successfully on 31st Jul 2014. i already certified VCA5-DCV,VCA5-WM,VCA5-Cloud

I also attended Vsphre 4.1 training. Now my question is i haven't received my VCP5-DCV cerification, then i contact vmware ceriticition support, they said, still needs to complete prerequiste option 2 as follows

2. If you are not a VCP level certified, but have attended a VCP4-DCV qualifying class (VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.x], VMware vSphere: Bootcamp[V4.1], VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting[V4.x], VMware vSphere: Advanced Fast Track[V4.x], VMware vSphere: Automation Fast Track[V4.1]),

you must attend one of the following courses and pass the VCP5-DCV Exam.
    - VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.x] (two day, instructor led version)
    - VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.x],
    - VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.x]
    - VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.x]
    - VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting Workshop [V5.x]
    - VMware vSphere with Operations Management: Fast Track

I would like to know, how does VMWare approved my exam application with out checking pre-requisites.i passed VCP510-DCV, Will I get the certificate if I complete required course[VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.x] (two day, instructor led version) training]  or do I need to reattempt the exam after completion of training. Can any gurus here to answer it? Smiley Sad Feeling disturbed.

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you have already passed the VCP5-DCV exam then yes once you complete the required training course you will be certified. You do not have to take the exam again.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
mannan4u
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your reply!  One more question. I have schedule for this program for next month only[9-SEp-2014]. So, any time frame for completion of prerequisite training program since i passed on 31st Jul 2014..

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

There's no time requirement, but the sooner the better as you are not officially certified until you complete both requirements (the training and passing the exam).

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
mannan4u
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you! I will attend the required program[VMware vSphere: What's New [V5.x] (two day, instructor led version) training] in case if i find earlier schedule available.

0 Kudos