VMware Edu & Cert Community
six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP4-DCV to VCP5-DT

Hi there,

I passed the VCP4-DCV exam back in 2011, am I able to go straight for the VCP5-DT certification or do I need to attend a vSphere What's New course and then pass VCP5-DCV first?

On the VCP5-DT page it states path 2 as "any valid VCP level certifcation" but isn't clear whether this includes older VCP certifications.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I believe that thanks to the recertification policy, you don't need to take any training:

Recertification Policy

If you want to be sure, drop certification@vmware.com an email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Until your VCP4-DCV expires (probably March 2015) you can pass either the VCP510-DT or VCPD510 exams to achieve VCP5-DT and extend your VCP4-DCV another 2 years.

No class needed before your VCP4-DCV expires.

six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Looking on mylearn.vmware.com it doesn't show an expiry for my VCP4. I've also just spotted this on the VCP5-DT page:

"A passing score on one of two exams, the VMware View Exam or the VCP-Desktop Exam, is required for the VCP5-DT certification. Candidates that pass the VMware View Exam are also required to be VCP5-DCV or VCP-Cloud certified to achieve the VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop certification."

I'm a little confused!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I believe that thanks to the recertification policy, you don't need to take any training:

Recertification Policy

If you want to be sure, drop certification@vmware.com an email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

The graph and Scott are correct, looks like some of the language isn't updated everywhere.

You don't need a class before March 2015.  Even if you only had VCP2, no classes required before March'15.

six4rm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great, thank you both for your replies.

0 Kudos