VMware Edu & Cert Community
rgpowell
Contributor
Contributor

VCP4 Certification Conformation

Hi All

There are a few posts on here similar to this, but was wondering if someone can put my mind to rest!!!

I past my VCP4 exam back in September 2011 and attended the trouble shooting course mid Feb this year and I haven't had conformation back yet!! Both the exam and course were registered with the same e-mail address and I have also sent a mail to the certification department and they haven't come back either!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

they are pretty fast, perhaps it's in your junk mail? is the mail you sending certification@vmware.com ?

0 Kudos
rgpowell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

The mail i sent was to certification@vmware.com, i did get an auto reply mail back striaght away to confirm that they had recieved it, and no mails in the junk folder??

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

Did you attend one of the pre-requisite courses prior to writing the VCP4 exam? It took about four months for my VCP4 to show up in my transcript and around that amount of time also for my certificates to arrive. Have they sent you your VMware Workstation serial key yet? As once that gets sent through then you know they have started processing your details.

I attended a few of the "VCAP" courses this year and they showed up instantly so not sure why those aren't showing correctly. Did you do them at a registered training facility?

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
rgpowell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gregg

I took the exam first via Pearson Vue as i was having trouble getting booked onto a course. I passed the exam on 30th September, then sat on the  VMware vSphere4: Troubleshooting course. I was told taking the exam first was not a problem and made sure the course and exam had the same mail address attached to both!!

Four months seems a long while to process, and i haven't had my workstation key yet either.

Cheers

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Writing the exam first shoudn't be a problem i agree and you should have had a response by now. I suspect it may be down to the troubleshooting course not showing up on your transcript yet as that shoudl appear very soon after the course and obviously once that shows then your requirment of attending one of the exams is fulfilled for you to obtain your VCP4 accreditation. Unfortunately the best solution to fix this is to contact the certification team and explain everything.

Sorry I can't be more help

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
rgpowell
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, i will try contacting them again.

0 Kudos
jonhall
Expert
Expert

Hello,

Once you complete your course requirement, we link that with your exam results and issue your certification.  From there, it would take 4-6 weeks to receive your welcome kit.  It looks like you would probably still be in that window, but you took the right steps in contacting Certification.  Unfortunately, the certification mailbox gets pretty backlogged at times, so I am sure the delay in response is from the backlog.

I feel certain that in the next few days you will hear back from them, but if you haven't heard back by late next week, you can e-mail me directly and I will try and escalate it for you.

Regards,

Jon C. Hall

Sr. Technical Certification Developer

jonh@vmware.com

Jon C. Hall Technical Certification Developer VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos