VMware Edu & Cert Community
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VCP4/5-DV

Is this a new certification or just a new name for the existing VCP certification?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonhall
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Scott has it.

When our only technology was Datacenter Virtualization, we could go with VCP as the name for our certification.  But we now have four tracks centered around four technology areas:  Datacenter Virtualization, Cloud, End User Computing and the Cloud Application Platform.  This means that someone could be a VCP on Cloud or a VCP on Desktop.  To avoid confusion, we couldn't leave the VCP for Datacenter Virtualization just called "VCP".  So the new naming convention allows candidates to specify which technology area they are specialized in.

Hopefully this helps clarify the reason for the change.

Jon

Jon C. Hall Technical Certification Developer VMware, Inc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If that's the case, I really wish VMware would stop doing this.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

They have to have a naming convention for all certifications to accommodate end user computing and now cloud computing too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jonhall
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Scott has it.

When our only technology was Datacenter Virtualization, we could go with VCP as the name for our certification.  But we now have four tracks centered around four technology areas:  Datacenter Virtualization, Cloud, End User Computing and the Cloud Application Platform.  This means that someone could be a VCP on Cloud or a VCP on Desktop.  To avoid confusion, we couldn't leave the VCP for Datacenter Virtualization just called "VCP".  So the new naming convention allows candidates to specify which technology area they are specialized in.

Hopefully this helps clarify the reason for the change.

Jon

Jon C. Hall Technical Certification Developer VMware, Inc.
0 Kudos
JDLangdon
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

It's been awhile.  Hope everything is going well.  Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Jason

0 Kudos