VMware Edu & Cert Community
radiolandog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP lab - version 5.5 ??

I am starting to study for the VCP5.

Should I download v 5.5?

I'm not sure that I have any other choice Smiley Happy - hopefully, that's not a concern?

Thanks!

Evaluate and Download VMware Products for a Virtual Infrastructure - VMware - United States

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'd go with the 5.5 version. The important part is to ensure you study according to the current blueprint. There might be a few features in the new version which are different/enhanced (like the maximum virtual disk size, ...), and you should be aware of those, but this shouldn't matter too much.

Btw. did you already attend the training course? This is required in order to take the exam.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Training on 5.5 is coming shortly, and an update to the exam will be made too - have a look at this discussion for a few comments on the exam: vSphere 5.5

If you are a customer you can download older versions, but the evaluation download will always be of the latest version - no surprise really...!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
radiolandog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick reply, Scott.

I intend to take the exam in 4 - 8 weeks.  Should I build my test lab with 5.1 or 5.5?  Do you think it matters?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'd go with the 5.5 version. The important part is to ensure you study according to the current blueprint. There might be a few features in the new version which are different/enhanced (like the maximum virtual disk size, ...), and you should be aware of those, but this shouldn't matter too much.

Btw. did you already attend the training course? This is required in order to take the exam.

André

0 Kudos
labdog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

Yep - I'm a VCP 4 and I've taken the Whats New course.

I have downloaded the blueprint yesterday and it references all the 5.1 docs.

It feels good to get back into study mode.

Thanks to you all for your help !

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The blueprint will be updated when the exam is updated, right now the exam relates to 5.0/5.1 (it's actually generic across both although the documentation links point to 5.1 documents)

As per the other discussion I linked to, there is no date set/available for when the 5.5 update will occur so you'll have to make a judgement yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos