VMware Edu & Cert Community
AnthonyM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP expires in 6 months what's the best option?

Before I start, I know, I know, the answer to this will be different for everyone, depending on skills etc. I'm after some opinions, not a definitive answer.....

I currently hold VCP5-DCV and VCP6-NV, they expire in September.

Part 1 of the question is, am I correct in thinking that my options are limited to:

• Get another VCP on a different track.
  • Pass another VCAP exam.

Bearing in mind that I'm not particularly interested in looking at the other tracks (unless someone can convince me it's worthwhile)...

That means I could study for VCAP6-DCV Design, VCAP6-DCV Deployment or VCAP6-NV Deployment?

If it helps, I failed the VCP-NV exam 3 times, before I passed the DCV, then passed the VCP6-NV beta.....

What would you do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VCP6.5-DCV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AnthonyM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP6.5-DCV

Why? Convince me Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Should be the simplest and cheapest option - unless you have a desire to step up to VCAP level.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

An alternative to the VCP6.5-DCV is VCP6-DCV.  More books and training materials are available for 6.0 (including Pearson, Sybex, and others).

And, although one hesitates to mention the re-certification time requirements, in two years, there should be much better training materials for 6.5.  And the tests will probably be the same price.

HOWEVER!

You should base your re-cert on what you expect to be working on.

0 Kudos