VMware Edu & Cert Community
shatztal
Contributor
Contributor

VCP and other Certifications

Hello,

i want to clear out some stuff and i hope you can help me .

1. I did the Course Install,Configure & Maintaining 4.x  almost a year ago , and i never tried to get to the VCP test.

is it still possible to do the VCP4 Test? becaues i want also to do the VCP5 after but i don't want to do the Basic Course or any for the 5.

i heard that the Course is only valid for a half of year. is it truth?

2. Supose i have the VCP5 and i want to to the VCAP5-DCA test also after that , do i need another advanced course or

is it enough just to take it without it ?

3.Same Question about the VCAP5-DCD , do i need any course or can i just do the test and that enough?

thank you very much ,

and is there any infor about what kind of exams are the DCA and DCD ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

1. I did the Course Install,Configure & Maintaining 4.x  almost a year ago , and i never tried to get to the VCP test.

is it still possible to do the VCP4 Test? becaues i want also to do the VCP5 after but i don't want to do the Basic Course or any for the 5.

i heard that the Course is only valid for a half of year. is it truth?

The VCP4 exam is still being offered - I do not know how long it will still be available so I would register as soon as possible. Once you become a VCP4 you will have until Febrauary 29, 2012 to take the VCP5 exam without needing any additional course work

2. Supose i have the VCP5 and i want to to the VCAP5-DCA test also after that , do i need another advanced course or

is it enough just to take it without it ?

3.Same Question about the VCAP5-DCD , do i need any course or can i just do the test and that enough?

No there rae no course requirements for VCAP - all you need is to a VCP in good standing - currently only the VCAP4 is available - I have not heard any date when the VCAP5 exams be available - this true for both DCA and DCD

Check out VMware's Certification page for additional information on VCAP - http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/?ui=www

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
shatztal
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you , about the VCP again,

i know it is still offered but i don't know if the Course a did a year ago is still valid for the Exam.

i heard that when you do a course you have untill 6 Month after that to do the exam or you will need to do the Course again for the Certification.

is it true?

and if not , how do they know that i did the course , i don't remeber if i got some ID or somthing like that .

thanks

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

What you heard is not true - as long as the course you took was a requirement for the VCP4 and delivered by a VMware or a VMware Authorized Training Center you are fine - there ino time limit other than the availability of the exam to become a VCP  -  so you are good to go

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
shatztal
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As has already been mentioned you do qualify for VCP4 and that exam is still available, but if you also want to be VCP5 you are going to have to be quick, you will have to pass VCP4 and VCP5 exams before the end of February 2012 to gain both certifications. If by that date you have only passed VCP4, you will be required to attend the vSphere 5: What's New course in order to qualify for VCP5.

There are plenty of posts on my blog about the exams with pointers to some very useful resources: http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com

If you attended your training directly with VMware they will have registered you on their MyLearn system, that's how they'll validate your course attendance once you've also passed the exam. If you took your course with a VATC your instructor should have asked you to complete a registration process and course evaluation, those processes will have added you to the same MyLearn system. I have to get all my students to go through those processes on each and every course I teach.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos