VMware Edu & Cert Community
vmprouk
Contributor
Contributor

VCP a bit confused !

<![endif]><![if gte mso 9]><![endif]><![if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

What confuses

me is :

(a) Is the

VCP certification a single exam? Or are there several exams’ that constitute

the VCP certification?

(b) Do I

have to physically attend a course (online or at a learning centre)? In other

words do I need a course attendance letter/number to be able to sit the exam?

I have a

full dedicated ESX server environment installed and configured basically done

through experience. Although I intend to buy a study guide and seen some

helpful websites through browsing the forums.

So if

anyone can help answer the questions I would be most grateful

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums!

This will help you further:

http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/faqs.cfm?ui=www

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
vmprouk
Contributor
Contributor

I see , so you are looking at a min of £2000 just to do one course ?

0 Kudos
vmprouk
Contributor
Contributor

I cant seem to find an online course, it's a shame because I cant afford to attend a week long onsite course because of my work commitments ..

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The VCP4 certification can be achieved by passing a single exam, book the exam with the code VCP-410 at any Pearson Vue testing centre.

You will have to attend at least one qualifying training course to qualify for certification, the "standard" vSphere course is the 5-day Install Configure Manage course. However, the cheapest option is the 4-day Troubleshooting course - I also think this is the best course option for those who are very experienced in vSphere and only really need to attend a course to qualify for certification but want to learn as much as they can from their course too. Global Knowledge (my employer) run "live online" Install Configure Manage courses with an instructor, during UK business hours. VMware offer equivalent live online courses, run at various US times - so you may be able to find a course with them. Self-study courses do not qualify for certification. If you want to know more about what Global Knowledge can offer you (we do have some discounted VCP bundles for example) then email me -

Scott.

-

Blog: http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com

Web: http://thinkvirtually.co.uk

Twitter: and

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
vmprouk
Contributor
Contributor

thanks Scott have emailed you for a quote Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
vmprouk
Contributor
Contributor

All my questions are answered thats to all that helped.

0 Kudos
vmprouk
Contributor
Contributor

Lots of help thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
milindng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The main problem is how many exam they want to clear from our end to get this VCP Global Certificate is not clearly mentioned.

I have wasted my 20k...worst experience and you can't do any certification direct without taking help of authorized training center and need pay them separately for training even you are well known VMware technology..

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@milindng 

Which specific VCP do you mean?

And which currency is your 20k in?

The latest VCP-DCV 2021 requires completion of 1 class and the passing of 1 exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog