VMware Edu & Cert Community
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP/VCAP - Remote Exam Option Request - Due to COVID-19

Hi;

I am wondering if VMware/PearonVue will enable a remote exam taking option for VCP/VCAP.   I know for microsoft exam there is an option for that.

Thank You

22 Replies
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Both VCP/VCAP exam you can book as per your schedule on Pearson and you can choose center which is near for you. You can not do exam remotely except VCA.. Also, For VCAP exam is lab based which is not available all Pearson center, only specific center where have the lab facility...

please mark helpful or correct if your query resolved.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dude.   I am asking VMware to enable the option to take the exam remotely.  Pearson Vue offers Online-Proctored option.  However this needs to be requested by VMware to enable.    I know what the current options are.

https://home.pearsonvue.com/Test-Owner/Deliver/Online-Proctored.aspx

Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

HI,

No VMware exam can be performed online (from home) as permitted by Microsoft, except for the Foundation exam.

I simulated the planning of a VCAP exam (which I have to do shortly) and the online solution is not provided as I did for some Microsoft exams.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am requesting that going forward VMware creates/enable an option so exam takers can take the VCP/VCAP remotely via Pearson OnVue online proctoring

Nawals
Expert
Expert

You can’t performed VMware exam online as there we’re not have such policy in VMware to allow.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nawal.   I am not asking what the current policy is.  I am asking VMware to Change/Update the current policy to allow for Pearson Onvue online proctoring for there VCP/VCAP exam,

asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also keep in mind that most testing centers in north america is closed till end of march. and most likely in the foreseeable future.  It is in VMware best interest to update/change there policy so the certification exam can be written using Pearson Cue onvue online proctoring.    

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

I agree with you that it would be interesting, but this is not the right place to ask Vmware \ PearsonVue to include in the exam catalog the possibility of taking the online exam for VCA and VCAP.

asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have emailed certifications@vmware.com (i am sure my email will go directly to trash).

What would the correct venue be, or who is the correct person to contact?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I shall follow this up internally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hopefully it was certification@vmware.com that you emailed (without the “s” on certification), and your email will raise a ticket that the team will be assigned to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

You did well, it's the correct email and I can assure you that it doesn't end up in the trash.

Contact Us

ARomeo

KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We are currently working on a remote solution, and hope to have it available very soon.

asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank You All. Look forward to updating my certifications, since can't do much else when being order to self-isolate.

Carlos_Felipe
Contributor
Contributor

AWS already announced that their exams became online proctored - a few days after these around-the-world lockdowns.

Microsoft has been doing it for ages.

VMware really has to raise their game too.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Felipe
Contributor
Contributor

If you get a response from your email, please post here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In progress: Global Certification Testing Changes - VMware Education Services

asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its been a week, and there has been no update on the remote exam option.

1. Would you have a timeline on when this option will be enable

2. Would be nice  if you discount all exams by 25% during the pandemic... (i am assuming you guys already will be, as a goodwill gesture).

0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update when the remote exam option will be available?