VMware Edu & Cert Community
vDeepak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP Recertification Query? What is the best approach to follow?

Hi All,

I am currently holding VCP 310, 410, 510 , (VCP-DCV ) and VCP-Cloud . I cleared my VCP-DCV exam on 27th Sept 2013. Now , came to know about re-certification policy and need your assistance for best approach:-

Option1 : I will go through beta exam (Delta Exam - New VCP-DCV  Exam) which is valid till Nov 2014.

Option 2: I will plan and go through VCAP-DCD / VCAP-CID Certifications.

Questions:

1. Is Option 1 based exam is equivalent to new VCP-DCV exam? How does this ((Delta Exam - New VCP-DCV  Exam)) exam differs from existing VCP-DCV exam?

2. Is the Option 1 based exam is more meaningful if someone doesn't wants to go with VCAP-DCD / VCAP-CID exams?  

3. Also, i do remember earlier we had some options to upgrade the certification within few months without attending the mandatory training course, is it still valid? Does it makes sense for VCAP-DCD / VCAP-CID exams ?

4. Can some one please confirm what should be best possible approach here and pros and cons of each from certification perspective and which one to be followed as next level of certification to remain active on VMware certification world.

Thanks

vDeepak

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. The delta exam VCP550D is cheaper, should only test on things specific to 5.5, but is only available for a limited time.

2. It's an exam designed for those that want to stay within the DCV discipline who don't want to do VCAP-DCA or VCAP-DCD.

3. You can take VCAP exams with no further training requirement, check the pages for each VCAP certification for the recommended training.

4. If you don't want a new certification but just want to re-certify, take VCP550D. If you want to increase your level to VCAP, take one of those exams instead. You could also take a VCP in a different discipline - Desktop, Cloud, or Network Virtualisation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I just noticed you were also a VCP-Cloud. If that was your most recent VCP it will define your re-certification date, not your VCP5-DCV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos