VMware Edu & Cert Community
VIRTUALFLARE1
Contributor
Contributor

VCP Portal Error - VCP 6 Foundation + VCP6-DCV Completed

Hi Admins,

I completed VCP 6 Foundation exam and also VCP6-DCV exam successfully. Its been almost 15 days.

Now to get VCP portal access - Do I still need to attend a VCP course to get the login access ?

Upon contacting certification@vmware,com I received the below response:

===================================================

As I understand, you are looking for the information on your VCP Portal.

I would like to inform you that you are unable to login to your VCP Portal is because your VCP6 certification has not been generated.

Please note, you have completed the course for the VCP6-CMA certification and attended the exam for VCP6-DCV certification. Hence, the course and exams does not match. However, if you take VCP6-CMA exam, automatically you will get VCP6-CMA and VCP6-DCV certification.

===================================================

Please advise.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You haven't met all of the requirements for any one of the VCP6 certifications, so that would explain why you don't have access - you're not a VCP.

You have 2 options - either to complete vSphere training for VCP6-DCV (which will just give you VCP6-DCV) or complete the exam for VCP6-CMA (which will give you VCP6-CMA and VCP6-DCV) - follow the links in this sentence to review the requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos