VMware Edu & Cert Community
lti74lti22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP-NV 2020 requirements and course version

Hello,

I would like to pass the VCP-NV 2020 NSX-T certification. I have two questions :

1. I'm holding a VCP-DCV 2019, is it a valid requirement for the VCP-NV 2020 exam?

The Certification website states that I must hold "a VCP6-DCV Newer". I don't know what is a "Newer" certification. Does it include my VCP-DCV 2019 ?

2.The exam is based on NSX-T 2.4, but the newer trainings are based on NSX-T 3.0

Is there any differences for passing the exam ?

Is it planned to have exams based on NSX-T 3.0 (To align with the newest trainings) ? Is there any dates already announced ?

What is the best option ? Follow "VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage" 3.0 (newest) or 2.4 (To stick to exam content) ?

Thank you

Laurent

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. You're OK - VCP-DCV 2019 came after VCP6-DCV.

2. Selecting the "VCP6-DCV or newer" option you'll see that the training is "recommended" for you, so it's an entirely optional step - in other words how you choose to prepare for the NSX-T exam is up to you.

This is where course and exam announcements are made: VMware Education Services

No mention on there yet about exams based on NSX-T 3.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. You're OK - VCP-DCV 2019 came after VCP6-DCV.

2. Selecting the "VCP6-DCV or newer" option you'll see that the training is "recommended" for you, so it's an entirely optional step - in other words how you choose to prepare for the NSX-T exam is up to you.

This is where course and exam announcements are made: VMware Education Services

No mention on there yet about exams based on NSX-T 3.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
lti74lti22
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick answer

Indeed, the training is recommended and optional in my situation.

But I'm still wondering which version I should follow. I will probably go for the latest.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Note the NSX-T 3.0 exam for VCP-NV 2020 has now been released:

VMware Professional NSX-T Data Center 3.0

0 Kudos