VMware Edu & Cert Community
captainmarvel
Contributor
Contributor

VCP-IaaS exam question

Hello,

I have a quick question I'm hoping someone can answer. When will the VCP-IaaS (VCPVCD) exam change from the VCD 1.5 to VCD 5.1 questions?

The reason I ask is that I will be sitting for this exam within the next 2-3 weeks, and I've noticed that the global knowledge classes are only being offered for VCD 5.1 now which leads me to believe the IaaS exam may soon get an updated blueprint. - Essentially I want to make sure that I am well prepared.

Thanks

VCP-4, VCP-5, VCP-Cloud
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It should come as no surprise that the training is all on the new version - they respond to customer demand...

The blueprint is king when it comes to versions - I'll ask internally to see what I can find out, and what I can say on here...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
JAndrews42
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From the certification team: "VMware Certification continues to review and where appropriate revise its existing certification programs.  The VCP5-IaaS certification currently focuses on vCloud Director v1.5.  In the coming months, we will be considering updating this particular certification exam to encompass the technologies and solutions with vCloud Director 5.1.  There are no definitive schedules for this update at this time."

Which for you means IaaS will not be updated to 5.1 in 2 weeks.