VMware Edu & Cert Community
varsani
Contributor
Contributor

VCP Examination Score Report

Hi, i would like to know what does this mean exactly on my score report for VSphere 4.

You missed one or more questions in the following subjects areas:

It list 23 subject areas

Please advise?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Do you mean the VCP4 exam results?

The area are from wrong answers.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
EdWilts
Expert
Expert

varsani wrote:

Hi, i would like to know what does this mean exactly on my score report for VSphere 4.

You missed one or more questions in the following subjects areas:

It list 23 subject areas

This is a little scary but it means that you missed at least one question in a lot of areas instead of struggling with a lot of questions in a single area.

The idea is that it lists areas you need to focus on but for a result like yours, it doesn't actually help much.  It simply means that you need to do a lot more studying and practicing everything instead of just a few areas.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
0 Kudos
varsani
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ed.

What i did was i marked some questions to be reviewed  then i re-correct the correct choice.

Can i do this or these questions are not count part of the final score?

I was told you can go back or mark questions you are not sure of, please confirm this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
varsani
Contributor
Contributor

Ed, you mentioned the word 'Missed' does that mean the reviewed questions are not count towards the final score? Maybe that the reason why i failed the exam. I answered all the questions 100% . I did not missed any questions. On the last question, it shows list of all questions from 1-85 and it highlight which one is marked for review. I chosen the best answered and it get unmarked automatically. Maybe i shouldn't have marked it but just answer the best i can or go back to the questions i was unsure of.

Please update me here, thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I think Ed means "did not get correct" when he says "missed" - that's all. Questions count towards your score if you get them correct, and don't count towards your score if you get them incorrect or leave them incomplete - marking questions is simply a review mechanism as you thought.

I would worry less about the specifics of how the exam is scored, and focus your energies on what the report told you in readiness for your next attempt. I would also advise thinking twice before changing answers - in my experience with my students most people choose the correct answer first time and then start worrying or being mis-led by the alternative answers.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
varsani
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the update.

0 Kudos
celavey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it means that you either missed one or more questions or you have answered incorrectly.. that is what it usually means..https://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vmware-cool.gif

0 Kudos
EdWilts
Expert
Expert

Scott Vessey wrote:

I think Ed means "did not get correct" when he says "missed" - that's all.

I would worry less about the specifics of how the exam is scored, and focus your energies on what the report told you in readiness for your next attempt. I would also advise thinking twice before changing answers - in my experience with my students most people choose the correct answer first time and then start worrying or being mis-led by the alternative answers..

That's exactly what I meant.

In my opinion, when you go to answer a question, don't look at the test answers at all if it's that kind of question.    Answer the question to yourself and then see if it matches one that's listed.  If so, that's the one you select.  Don't waste a lot of time looking at the other possible answers.

I reviewed very few questions - basically the ones I had absolutely no clue about.  Sometimes you'll get a question that makes absolutely no sense the first time around but after you do the rest of the exam and then go back, something will click and you'll see what they're really trying to get at.    Interestingly enough, I think I reviewed a lot more questions the first time I wrote the exam (and failed) than the second time (which I passed) but I probably studied another 50 hours between my 2 exams.

.../Ed (VCP4, VCP5)
varsani
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys, i passed VCP exam second time after 7 days grace period.

When do Vmware sent out certificate or VCP card if they do have one?

I heard i can take the VCP exam before FEB 2011 without going on the course, is this true?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congratulations on passing the VCP4 exam. VMware will email you asking you to confirm your shipping address, then they will post you your VCP welcome kit - you should have it roughly 6 weeks from now.

As you are now a VCP4, you can also gain the VCP5 by passing the VCP5 exam before the end of February 2012 - there is no mandatory training requirement for VCP4 holders to qualify for VCP5 until after then.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos