VMware Edu & Cert Community
mohammed_aljubo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV through VCP-NV without taking official training

Dears, 

I got VCP-NV through Cisco certification . My question is . Could I get VCP-DCV certification officially through VCP-NV without enrolling with VMware official training ? 

Your support will really appreciated .

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
mohammed_aljubo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear @sicnarf_latosa 

Thank you for your reply . On VCP-VCP certification requirement its so clear , but a lot of VMware specialized told me that even if I got VCP-NV , as long as you got it through Cisco certification not through training , thus will not be accepted and I I have to take training again .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you can, how you met the requirements for VCP-NV is irrelevant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sicnarf_latosa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After you pass the VCP-NV you can take any VCP Certification

Reference: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

Take a look on this >> VCP in any track with a 2021 version or newer

mohammed_aljubo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear @sicnarf_latosa 

Thank you for your reply . On VCP-VCP certification requirement its so clear , but a lot of VMware specialized told me that even if I got VCP-NV , as long as you got it through Cisco certification not through training , thus will not be accepted and I I have to take training again .

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes you can, how you met the requirements for VCP-NV is irrelevant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog