VMware Edu & Cert Community
moondarrin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP DCV boot camp vs self study

Good evening,

I would like to know if anybody has any experience with the bootcamps? Are they effective in regards to passing the exam? If so any training facilities in the Boston area that can be suggested?

I would either move on with self study or the bootcamp.

Thank tiy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP5-DCV has a training requirement - you can see the list of recognised courses here: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

The training along will not prepare you fully for the exam, you can download the exam blueprint from the same page to review the objectives.

You can search for authorised training anywhere in the world here: VMware Education - Courses by Location

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP5-DCV has a training requirement - you can see the list of recognised courses here: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

The training along will not prepare you fully for the exam, you can download the exam blueprint from the same page to review the objectives.

You can search for authorised training anywhere in the world here: VMware Education - Courses by Location

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
moondarrin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your response and the information.

The information seems to be inaccurate as I researched out to four of the participants on the list and none offer VMW training. I will go through the list to see what the rest offer.

I was also more looking to see anybody had any experience with boot camps.

Thank you

Darrin

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So it looked to me as though HP have classes scheduled in Boston (Burlington)

I used to teach the classes, and am a VCP on 4 different vSphere versions so I know both well. The Install Configure Manage class (the most popular) covers around 70% of the exam objectives, although the class is designed to teach you how to deploy and manage the product rather than how to pass the exam.

0 Kudos