VMware Edu & Cert Community
IPPDJ
Contributor
Contributor

VCP-DCV Question - IT Academy

I attended a VMware IT academy. It is under my impression that this can satisfy the need for the class to take my VCP-DCV cert. How do I sign up/ show you that I have completed this class?

Is there somewhere I need to send transcripts or how does it work?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VITAs issue you with a voucher will enables you to take the PSE version of the exam for a VCP.

If you don’t have such a voucher, contact the VITA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Forget the Udemy course, that’s not approved, they are not a VITA.

WayneCC shows the VITA logo, so in theory the courses they offer will meet the VCP training requirement, why not contact them and ask them to confirm that?

VITAs usually only allow students to take their courses if paying for their own training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
VoltzenBars
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I thought VITA stood for "Volunteer Income Tax Assistance"....  What's VITA mean in this context, and where might I find a list of VITA institutions (to confirm official relationship with VMWare)?

0 Kudos
IPPDJ
Contributor
Contributor

VMware IT Academy 

0 Kudos
VoltzenBars
Contributor
Contributor

Ahhh, came up with https://www.vmware.com/company/it-academy.html .  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you looked at the logo on the WayneCC page that you linked to you would have known what VITA meant 😉

0 Kudos
AvalonCipher
Contributor
Contributor

Hey.

hoping that I can ask a question related to this topic.

We're a VITA and recently transitioned over to D2L/Brightspace. Am I still able to get the discount code for my students as we did with Kivuto?

Thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@AvalonCipher 
This would be the place to ask: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-IT-Academy-Discussions/bd-p/15121

0 Kudos