VMware Edu & Cert Community
mathewdsa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP DCV Exam

Hi Guys. I have been using vSphere 6.7 for over a year now. It turned into one of those 'Learn on the job' situations and I have been OK so far but also, it an environment that does not fully test me because we don't use every bit of the functionality of vSphere. I now want to sit for the VCP DCV Professional exam and I am a bit nervous so really just looking to see if anyone has been in a similar situation and if you have any encouraging words please. I am also doing self study and have built my own home lab with 3 hosts and a vCenter and am playing with that to try all I can.

TIA.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@mathewdsa 

Moderator: Moved to VCP Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@mathewdsa 

Firstly you should review the requirements here: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

If you want to stick with 6.7 exams (which you can now they’ve extended the retirement of them til the end of June) you have 3 requirements to complete:

- Attend authorised vSphere 6.7 training

- Pass the vSphere 6.7 Foundations exam

- Pass the Professional vSphere 6,7 exam

On the page I linked to you will see links to pages for each of the 2 exams, on those pages you will find exam guides that tell you what topics are covered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos