VMware Edu & Cert Community
Don91
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV 7 in 2024

If I were to take the vSphere 7.x exam (2V0-21.20) in Jan 2024 before the exam is retired on 1/31/23, would my certification certificate show 2023 or 2024?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Repeating the other comments, it depends on the logic that is released Jan 1, 2024. Although the exam isn't scheduled to be retired until then, there is no guarantee that the requirements won't change. Logically, and based on our current policies, taking that exam in January 2024 before it retires would grant you the 2024 certification.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The certification currently, is based on the year where you complete all of the objectives.

VMware typically publish the requirements for VCP in January each year so there is no guarantee that the requirements wont change. 

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

2024, as that is when you have completed the requirements.

This assumes that you have already completed the authorised training AND that the training is listed as a requirement for the VCP once we get to January 2024.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Repeating the other comments, it depends on the logic that is released Jan 1, 2024. Although the exam isn't scheduled to be retired until then, there is no guarantee that the requirements won't change. Logically, and based on our current policies, taking that exam in January 2024 before it retires would grant you the 2024 certification.