VMware Edu & Cert Community
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV 7, Exam Requirments unclear.

Hi guys.

I have read many posts, and tried to find information online on the vcp-dca 7 topic.

But's it's still unclear to me.

So basicly if I want to get certified, i want to get the virtual certified professional - data center virtualization certificate, can I just go to one of many International exam locations and do the exam ? wich in my case in my country costs about 400 euro.

or do i need to do something else ?

cause if i check the : https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcp-dcv.html

it says attend one of the required courses. and if i take the first, wich is VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7]

it's 4500$ 

So I'm guessing I'm wrong, and this is probably for starters, cause I have worked with vmware for years, and do it on daily bases.

Why would I pay 4.5k to get a course of what I know?

Please can somebody tell me how this works ?

on the exam organizations page it says nothing about required courses :

Minimally Qualified Candidate

A minimally qualified candidate (MQC) has 6-12 months hands-on experience implementing, managing and troubleshooting a vSphere 7 infrastructure. They are typically administrators, capable of performing deployment and administration of a virtual infrastructure using vSphere. The candidate also has working knowledge of storage, networking, hardware, security, business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In order to obtain the VCP-DVC 2021, you have to attend a qualifying training corse AND pass the 2V0-20.21 exam. You can do this in either order.

When you attend a qualifying VMware course, the attendance is registered against your VMware training account (Mylearn Account).

When you try to schedule the exam, you will need a Pearson Vue tester account which you can create if you don't already have one. When you book the VMware exam, the system will want your VMware candidate ID (from your Mylearn account) so that it can be linked to your Pearson Vue ID.

VMware will then see that you have attended a qualifying course AND passed the exam and will then grant you your certification.

VMware qualifying courses are run by VMware themselves and also by VMware Authorised Training Centres or VATCs. 

You can find a list of VATCs here - https://www.vmware.com/education-services/training/training-partners.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It's VCP-DCV 2021 - there's no such thing as VCP-DCV 7 or VCP-DCA 7.

Yes there is a training requirement for a first-time VCP, but you can take a more advanced class - any of the others on the list:

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 17.08.40.png

You can pass the exam and complete the training in either order but you will only be a VCP once you've met both requirements.

This has always been the case with any VCP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for clearing up.

0 Kudos
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After your reply I have contacted our local examen authority. it took very very long time for them to reply, first they replied by saying "yes this is very strange, we will contact some collegues and reply to you"

strange because requirment is training, but who's training ? who is in the list of those to deliver the training ?

Udemy, and many many others also give vm trainings. but they dont give you a proof that you took the training 🙂

so now it's still unclear to me, cause in our exam authority ( globalknowledge.com)  we can buy the exam, nobody asks for anything, at least not in the proces of requesting an exam.

So this is still very unclear to me. VM says I need to follow one of the trainings on the list, but where ? and who is oficially authorized to give this training ?

0 Kudos
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In order to obtain the VCP-DVC 2021, you have to attend a qualifying training corse AND pass the 2V0-20.21 exam. You can do this in either order.

When you attend a qualifying VMware course, the attendance is registered against your VMware training account (Mylearn Account).

When you try to schedule the exam, you will need a Pearson Vue tester account which you can create if you don't already have one. When you book the VMware exam, the system will want your VMware candidate ID (from your Mylearn account) so that it can be linked to your Pearson Vue ID.

VMware will then see that you have attended a qualifying course AND passed the exam and will then grant you your certification.

VMware qualifying courses are run by VMware themselves and also by VMware Authorised Training Centres or VATCs. 

You can find a list of VATCs here - https://www.vmware.com/education-services/training/training-partners.html

0 Kudos
Janmail
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for this information. will check now in the list who's doing it here 🙂

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@Janmail 

There are 3 types of organisations who can deliver authorised VMware training which meets the requirement for VCP:

• VMware directly
  • VMware Authorised Training Center (VATC) partners - commercial training companies such as Global Knowledge
  • VMware IT Academy (VITA) partners - academic education providers such as colleges, some offer places to self-funding students

Select ANY of the required courses on the list from the link I posted previously, do a search for availability in your location (or online), and you will find all the classes offered by VMware or a VATC.

You should note that literally anyone can take the exams regardless of whether they have completed the training - but they don't get the certification til they have met ALL the requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos