VMware Edu & Cert Community
akchired
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV 6.0? or 6.5 or6.7?

Hi there.

I would like to ask you if you have the right information. I attanded the Vmware Vsphere Install Configure Manage v6.0 on Jan 2017 and I would like to certify VCP 6.0 or 6.5 or 6.7 should I take more courses? what exams I sould take?

For the future what i the best vesion to go for?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

According to the pages linked below, vSphere 6.0 training only meets the requirement for VCP6-DCV (based on 6.0) - not VCP6.5-DCV or VCP-DCV 2019 (the 6.7 version)

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2019 (VCP-DCV 2019)

For the future, I'd say the latest version is best - but at the moment you'd have to start with VCP6-DCV, then do an additional exam if you wanted the VCP-DCV 2019.

The individual pages list the specific requirements (training and exams) for each.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

According to the pages linked below, vSphere 6.0 training only meets the requirement for VCP6-DCV (based on 6.0) - not VCP6.5-DCV or VCP-DCV 2019 (the 6.7 version)

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2019 (VCP-DCV 2019)

For the future, I'd say the latest version is best - but at the moment you'd have to start with VCP6-DCV, then do an additional exam if you wanted the VCP-DCV 2019.

The individual pages list the specific requirements (training and exams) for each.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
akchired
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tank you

0 Kudos