VMware Edu & Cert Community
psr1987
Contributor
Contributor

VCP DCV 550 or VCP DCXV 510 ?

Hi All,

I have recently completed the trainings on Vsphere 5.5  DCV and so i am not sure  whether to take up VCP 550 or VCP 510 . The reasons for the confusion are as follows

1.  VCP 550 DCV has more no of questions when compare with VCP DCV 510

2 . As of now  the dumps are only available for VCP DCV 510 . ( I know dumps are not the good way to prepare for a certification . But indeed it can help me to identify the type of questions that might come up on the actual exam)

3 . Also i get to see lot discussions only about 510 and very few posts on 550 .

I might take it up during the month of May-14 and so kindly advice

Thanks in advance

regards

Pavan

Bangalore

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Pavan,

It is suggested to take VCP550 since this is latest available. Yes there are more number of question in this exam but how does it matter. VMware has recently upgraded the certification to VCP550 and also not many customers have upgraded their environments to 5.5 yet. So this is the reason there are more talks of 5.1 instead of 5.5.

But 5.5 will override 5.1 soon so it is good to have VCP550 certification.

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your certification title is VCP5-DCV no matter which of the 2 exams you pass.

You can use the mock exam to get idea of the types of questions, you don't need dumps for that - the question styles will be the same across both exams anyway.

Which version of vSphere do you work with or will you work with? That should be an influence on your decision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog