VMware Edu & Cert Community
Ranganath_M
Contributor
Contributor

VCP DCV 2V0-622 Exam Certificate

I have completed all the prerequisites (Official Training Course, Foundations Exam and 2V0-622 Exam) as stated by the VMware Education for obtaining the VCP 6.5 DCV certification. However, its been 7 days since I cleared my VCP exam and I am still unable to see the VCP certification getting reflected in the Certification Manager. When I wrote an email to certification@vmware.com, the response I got was there was a glitch between MyLearn and Certification Manager systems due to which certificates are not getting reflected. Their IT team is working to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any idea as to when the certificate will be generated? How many days it will take after completing the VCP exam? Anyone has any escalation email contact to escalate this matter? Kindly respond.

8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Stay in touch with certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

Hello

I'm also having this problem.

Answer of support:

"Please be informed that due to some system glitch, the certificates are not reflecting in the partner portal. Our IT team is already working to fix the issue and will update you as soon as we hear back from them"

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
Stanley_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so you are aiming to have VCP6.5-DCV certification = 2V0-622    VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Exam

Foundation exam should probably  be this:   2V0-602    vSphere 6.5 Foundations Exam

or this 2V0--620    vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

please check it, that you have correct foundation exam.

also the official training should be one of these:

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Exam

in my case I had Foundations Exam VCA6-DCV = 1V0-601.  VCA6-DCV Certification which was fine for VCP6-DCV, but not for VCP6.5-DCV Smiley Happy

Stan.

Ranganath_M
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Stan,

As per below link, one of the official training courses need to be taken before sitting the VCP exam that includes ICM 6.7 which I had taken.

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

Also, I have completed 2V0-602 vSphere 6.5 Foundations Exam which is already getting reflected in the transcript.

In other words, all prerequisites have been met as stated in their Education portal.

Now they have given me an ETA for the resolution of this issue till end of next week which seems to be ages away from now.

Stanley_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

finger crossed Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Ranganath_M
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me provide the VMware Certification Escalation point of contact please? I have been writing emails to certification@vmware.com from last 4 days and so far haven't got any response. I tried calling their global number +1-866-377- 4710 that made me wait for an available operator for eternity. Have spent a lot of bucks for official training and the exam to no avail. I am not getting VCP certificate. I definitely need to escalate this matter with VMware.

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Ranganath, I received a status on this just last Friday. It does look like it will be resolved soon. The IT team identified a data transfer issue between two of our systems that normally enables certification updates to occur in CertManager. They are working on it and prognosis for resolution looks good.

Congratulations BTW on your certification!

Ranganath_M
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. Any idea how many more days before the issue will be resolved? There's an urgent need for that certificate....

0 Kudos