VMware Edu & Cert Community
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP-DCV 2V0-21.19PSE Upgrade Path toward VCP-DCV-2023

Hello All

I am currently certified with the VCP-DCV 2V0-21.19PSE certification I took back in November of 2020.

I would like to eventually get my credentials up to 2V0-21.23, vSphere 8, when available.

. Do I still need to follow the PSE route to do this? Can a PSE acquired VCP, then upgrade to a non PSE VCP?

My upgrade either way will require sitting a new VCP course.

Awaiting the vSphere 8 courses to become available, so no rush, but worth thinking about today.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimVCI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The method that you used to gain the certification isn't relevant so if you took your training through one of the commercial training channels or if you took it via a VMware IT Academy and then took the PSE version of the exam, it makes no difference.

If you passed the requirements for you VCP-DCV in 2020, then you have a VCP-DCV 2020 certification. 

By going to VMware Certifications page here - https://www.vmware.com/content/vmware/vmware-published-sites/us/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html.... and selecting 'VCP-DCV 2020 or newer' you can see what the requirements are.

Currently, all you would need to do would be to take and pass either the 2V0-21.20 (vSphere 7 based) exam or the 2V0-21.23 vSphere 8 based) exam. How you gain the knowledge to pass the exam is entirely down to you as a course is only recommended rather than required. 

SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Tim

Thanks for the update. It really has helped a lot. This is great news as I was planning a new set of courses from my VITA for ICM and OS version 8. 

If all I need to do is to take the upgrade exam this will offer me a nice low cost way of attaining the Data Center Virtualization 2023, (2V0-21.23 vSphere 8).

I was almost convinced I would need to re-attend my VITA courses. Now I know better!

Thanks again Tim. Keep up the good work, and glad I asked the question.

0 Kudos
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changed my mind!

Why wait until vS8 when I can get the same credential with vS7.

Hoping to pass before the deadline of January 2024.

0 Kudos
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Tim

Thanks for all your help.

I now have my VCP-DCV-2023 in the bag. No relaxation though, onward with Terraform!

Both you and Scott are excellent sources of info.

Regards