VMware Edu & Cert Community
BEN_YB
Contributor
Contributor

VCP-DCV 2022 ?

Hi, 

I followed this course in 2021 : VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7]. I'd like now to pass the VCP-DCV certification. From the test center, only the 2021 VCP is suggested ? Is the 2022 one is going to be released shortly ? 

Thanks for your reply. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The latest training is for vSphere 7, the latest exam is for vSphere 7 - the VCP will be awarded based on when you complete all of the requirements. There won’t be new training or a new exam til the software version changes.

For example, if you completed your vSphere class in October 2021 and passed the vSphere exam in December 2021 you would be awarded VCP-DCV 2021.

But, if you completed your vSphere class in November 2021 and passed the vSphere exam in January 2022 you would be awarded VCP-DCV 2022.

The website doesn’t seem to have been updated yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos