VMware Edu & Cert Community
Tshepos91
Contributor
Contributor

VCP -DCV 2022

How does one go about preparing for this exam in under a month ? Is it theory based only ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It depends on your current knowledge, and experience.

Did you already attend the required exam? Note, event though you can take, and pass the exam, there are other requirements in order to get certified, which you can find on VMware's certification web pages. You can also find a cert guide there, which lists the items that are in the exam.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Compare the objectives listed in the exam guide against your current knowledge and skills: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv-7-exam.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Tshepos91
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i have attended the install , manage and configure course a few weeks ago. Just wanna prepare now.

0 Kudos
simmish
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Go through vSphere ICM training and i believe you can pass the exam. Also it depends on your current experience as well. Practise is the key.

gertvangorp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the icm course is missing the enterprise plus features as distributed switches, nioc, …..  be sure to thru the objectives of the exam

0 Kudos
mOUs3yNATOR
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. If you don't have your own lab or can click around at work and mess in your own cluster, the HOL labs I believe are good enough.  Just look at the blueprint and the topics you went over in the ICM class and keep on doing them over and over again in the HOLs.  That's what I did and it really helped with me to pass. I've been working with VMware products for 10 years now but there are a lot of features in vSphere we don't really use so seeing them in action in the HOLs really helped me study on things I don't see everyday.

0 Kudos
AnnKettle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks all for the info.

Thanks all for the info. You can demonstrate your ability to tell a tale in an engaging and straightforward manner by writing a narrative essay. Are you interested in learning how to write narrative essays? If so, using the website https://writinguniverse.com/essay-types/narrative-essays/ will help you learn extremely quickly. This website instructs you on how to compose essays using original ideas and provides samples for free.
0 Kudos