VMware Edu & Cert Community
kirtanpatel
Contributor
Contributor

VCP Certification possible without Training

Hi Friends,

VCP Certification possible without Training

If possible please send me details how this possible.

Thanks & Regards

Kirtan Patel

Mo.No. +919879612550

Email kirtanp1@gmail.com          

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Regnor90
Contributor
Contributor

If you're allready VCP4 then you can do the VCP5 exam without a prerequisite till 29th February.

0 Kudos
robertsw
Contributor
Contributor

Official training is required.

Robert

0 Kudos
kirtanpatel
Contributor
Contributor

I frends thanks for reply and i have not any alredy certification 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To become a VCP the official training is a requirement.

See http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www_cert for details.

André

0 Kudos
DanielCunha26
Contributor
Contributor

It is possible to go on and pass the exam but you´ll still not get the certification untill get the official training.

Dê feedback e pontue caso a informação seja útil. Mais humildade = mais sabedoria. Mais sabedoria = mais humildade.
0 Kudos
virtualwarrior
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys any idea why is it so, why this training is mandet.

means 5 days training is of no use if you are allready working on that technology

for years?

0 Kudos
virtualwarrior
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to go for exam without training?

coz when you go for training you got 1 ID using which you can appeir for exam.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Hey guys any idea why is it so, why this training is mandet.

means 5 days training is of no use if you are allready working on that technology for years?

VMware requires the training to ensure VCPs have the appropriate qualifications and are not only certified on the paper, like with many other certifications where at least some people are "brain dump certified". Unfortunately there's no way around the training for people who already have the experience. However, if you take the training once, you usually qualify for a VCP upgrade - once new versions come up - without further training for a certain time.

André

0 Kudos
virtualwarrior
Contributor
Contributor

Me strongly agree with you A.P about trainig thing but 5 days trainig to newbeee is both waste of money and time

and for working guys its bit diffuclt to arrang in weekdays, that is what my concern.

0 Kudos
Socrates82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Is it possible to attend the training online?? when i go to my learn account i can see that there is online course for VCP? but when I asked around everyone in my country said that they have to travel to Dubai or Lebenon - which are the colsest to my country "Jordan"-

So can I take the course online?? given the fact that am located in Middle-east, Jordan??

and how exactly it will cost ??

finally if i take the exam before the course, and passe, is there any time boundary before you can take the course? or i can take when ever i want??

0 Kudos
Socrates82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Is it possible to attend the training online?? when i go to my learn account i can see that there is online course for VCP? but when I asked around everyone in my country said that they have to travel to Dubai or Lebenon - which are the colsest to my country "Jordan"-
So can I take the course online??  given the fact that am located in Middle-east, Jordan??
and how exactly it will cost ??
finally if i take the exam before the course, and passe, is there any time boundary before you can take the course? or i can take when ever i want??
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Yes there is online training available that will satusfy the course requirement -  depending on who is delivering the online training it will more than likely comply with training vendors local time zone - it is still instructor led with all the labs - the price as I understand it is the same as the classroom delivery at a training facility -

I believe there is no deadline other than at a certain point the required courses will no longer be available -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Socrates82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OMG, can I be more shocked :smileygrin: people in my country used to travel to get it, all of them,, i konw this because they can be counted on two hands finger!!

is there any point that you get live rathar than get it online? ( i mean could it be more helpful to get from real class room? )

Regards,

0 Kudos