VMware Edu & Cert Community
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

VCP 6 upgrade

Hi all,

I just saw that VMware published the methods to upgrade current VCP certification here. Can anyone tell me what are the differences between VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Beta Exam and VMware Certified Professional 6 -- Data Center Virtualization Delta Beta Exam?

Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

According to VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) the delta exam meets the requirements "If you hold a current VCP certification for any solution track", whereas the "full" exam is required for new certifications.

André

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Any idea for how long is going to be available the posibility to upgrade current VCP certification?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In theory the "delta" exam (2V0-621D) should test on the differences between 5.x and 6.0, whereas the regular exam (2V0-621) should test on aspects of 6.0 that are the same in 5.x.

So, if you hold VCP5-DCV, the delta exam makes sense to do - it's shorter and cheaper.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The timeline for "upgrading" is dependent on the expiry of your existing VCP(s) due to the recertification policy: Recertification Policy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Well, I've just passed at the beginning of this year the VCP5-DCV. I'm asking because I've heard that you have a period of 9 months or something like that from the moment of the new version release in which you can upgrade your certification without taking a course.

Is that correct?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, there used to be a 6-month grace period for that, but everything changed with the introduction of recertification - pass a qualifying exam at least every 2 years and you don't have to attend a course.

Have a read through the recertification policy link I posted, specifically question 12.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In VMware style, things which are available, don't seem to be available after all

"This exam is not currently available. Please contact the testing programme for more information."

Scott, do you know when the exam will ACTUALLY be available ?

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You don't say on which site/system you are seeing that error message.

Drop a note to certification@vmware.com

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

scott28tt wrote:

You don't say on which site/system you are seeing that error message.

Drop a note to certification@vmware.com

VUE ... Got the authorization but scheduling the exam fails ...

I'll drop them a note.

Edit: sorted I think ..

But as always, we Brits losing out on the actual costs. $50 translates into British Money £87 - which is $127 really Smiley Sad

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
Konflikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have just registered on the VUE site. So now it is available. (6 hours earlier it did not worked for me neither)

So should work

0 Kudos