VMware Edu & Cert Community
Kaustubhambulka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP 6 DCV Beta exam result ?

When we can expect the VCP 6 DCV Beta exam result.

109 Replies
Krzys201110141
Contributor
Contributor

I'm starting to think that they lost the results and had a backup failure. There's been no explanation at all for the delay. At least give us a reason we are waiting.:smileyangry:

0 Kudos
jakubpaw
Contributor
Contributor

Have a look here TechExams.net IT Certification Forums, some further unofficial details.

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Few weeks ?!?

___ My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com
0 Kudos
jakubpaw
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, it's encouraging to do more of these exams.

0 Kudos
rriva
Expert
Expert

August, 31 .... still "Taken" ...

No words.

I was thinking to send a message to the support, but I've read your answers and it will be better to not write anything.

RRiva | http://about.me/riccardoriva | http://www.riccardoriva.com
0 Kudos
erickbm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The certification director, Paul Sorenson, just said it won't be until 9/28/15. Wow... just wow.

Erick Marshall vExpert 15/16, VCAP-DTA, VCPx3, MCSE, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx3, MCPx2, A+, Network+, UCP
Geogee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As a VCI I cannot wait more than 3 months since GA to get results. If I have failed, I need time to pass the exam again to be able to teach the vSphere 6 courses 😞

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Historically exam results were released after GA. And in fact, even if you receive a pass, you may still need to wait for the scores, and given as a VCI you require to pass with 350 I believe.

So if you are VCI then I would never rely on Beta exams to stay up to date.

0 Kudos
jakubpaw
Contributor
Contributor

Did Paul Sorenson say it during VMworld?

0 Kudos
Michael_Rudloff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's what he said, yes. Also got a reply myself from VMware

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting VMware Education Support.

My name is Kavita, and I have been assigned to work on your Support Request # XXXXXXX.

As I understand, you need information on Beta exam results.

I would like to inform you that, the Beta results would be out by September.

I would request you to wait for few more weeks for the results to be announced.

Hope this resolves the query.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance from my end or if I can close the Support Request for you.

Thank you,

Kavita Anvekar

VMware WW Certification Advocate

PH + 1-866-377-4710 [North America]

FAX +1 650-739-0499 [North America]

Nothing we can do but sit back and enjoy the ride ....

0 Kudos
gr1pp3rjay
Contributor
Contributor

I heard back from VMware education services via Twitter. They said 2-3 weeks.

I like the consistency. Communication has been absolutely atrocious. Not impressed at all. I wish I'd waited and taken the full exam.

http://vmporium.com/blog/
0 Kudos
cdnvmguy
Contributor
Contributor

Do they say why?  The exam is GA so those people are getting exam results and don't need to wait for the score. I agree with the others that are chiming in, at least give a valid reason why.

0 Kudos
JohnTotten
Contributor
Contributor

The exam is GA, I could go out take it and get my pass/fail score today. Except I cant because vue has my status as "taken" and won't let me take it again until that clears.

The whole purpose the Beta exam was to decide what questions would make it to the GA. If that was already decided and released why do we not have our scores. This entire thing has reached ridiculous unprofessional territory.

0 Kudos
drexciya
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The exam is part of a number of training plans for me and I don't see any update either. I've taken both beta exams on April 17th and this is becoming somewhat annoying. I already found it rather odd that it took so long from the beta to the final exam, and I would have expected some feedback. I also got pinged by a student who couldn't book the exam. I'm not sure what's happening here.

0 Kudos
drexciya
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why should I wait for the GA exams, when I can do the beta exams? Also, aren't VCI's a proper audience to take the beta exams? Historically (VCP4/5), I've always taken the beta exams, so I don't see the problem. It even helped to put some finer touches on my What's New and ICM courses, since it reminds you of some topics you didn't study in enough detail. I'd call that a win-win.

0 Kudos
drexciya
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Aha, that explains why I can't register for the GA version of the exam. Thanks for enlightening me. This really could have been handled better. I'm not averse against re-taking an exam, but having to wait so long and not getting any feedback and not being able to book the GA exam is a bit of a pain to say the least.

0 Kudos
jakubpaw
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent another mail to Support today.

Answer: Please be informed that the normal exam i.e without beta version is not live. You can scheduled only after August 31st, 2015.

Gimme a break.

davidfiorenza
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to Paul at vmworld and it will be Sept 28. If you have aa 5.1 which is set to expire Oct 31 and don't pass the beta, they will help you out.

0 Kudos
jakubpaw
Contributor
Contributor

Try to search for VCP6-DCV on LinkedIn. I did it before GA exam has gone live. Some people had their profile mentioning they passed it. I've asked Support about it. Here's the answer:

(...)confirmed that there was a glitch in the system for a very brief time that allowed these 4 candidates through to get the result. But it will not be added in MyLearn as exam completed. Only after the release of the actual exam result their result will be added.

0 Kudos
Krzys201110141
Contributor
Contributor

That sure makes it seem as though they have the exam results calculated already.

0 Kudos