VMware Edu & Cert Community
robbjr
Contributor
Contributor

VCP 6.0 and VCP 6.5 Exam Options

I took the VMware 6.0 Install, Configure, and Manage and the Optimize and Scale class.  I just past the 6.5 Foundations exam and was wondering if I can take and pass the VCP 6.0 DCV to get my VCP 6.0 cert or do I have to take the VCP 6.5 exam and go for the VCP 6.5 cert? 

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
asajm
Expert
Expert

Hi

See https://www.certmetrics.com/vmware/candidate/ccat_details.aspx?ccat=59

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As you've trained on vSphere 6.0, you are ONLY eligible for VCP6-DCV but NOT VCP6.5-DCV (unless you took another class on 6.5 or 6.7)

So, looking at the VCP6-DCV requirements:

- Attend a 6.0 class = DONE

- Pass either 6.0 Foundations OR 6.5 Foundations exams = DONE

- Pass the VCP6-DCV exam

If you pass the VCP6-DCV exam (code 2V0-621) you would have met the requirements for VCP6-DCV - the fact you passed the Foundations exam on 6.5 is OK.

Note that this exam retires on August 30th (as do all exams based on vSphere 6.0 or 6.5)

From August 31st, only VCP-DCV 2019 will remain - with exams based on vSphere 6.7, and a training requirement for 6.7 too.

Sources:

VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
robbjr
Contributor
Contributor

That makes perfect sense.

Thanks Scott!

0 Kudos