VMware Edu & Cert Community
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP 510 E - Certificate

Hi,

I have cleared VCP 510 Exam on 25 Dec 2012. I got an email from VM Ware on 28th saying :

Your online transcripts will reflect your VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 status as soon as you:
-  Confirm your shipping address
-  Consent to transcript release
-  Accept the VMware Certification Agreement

I have confirmed all details on same day, but still after 5 days, there is no updation under my online transcripts (screenshot attached).

Is there any way I can get e-certificate or something else as a proof of clearing exam. Because hard copy will take at least 6 weeks to reach and I need a proof of VCP before that.

Thanks

Ashish

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no e-certificate, you'll need to wait for your transcript to be updated.

Email certification@vmware.com if you need any assistance from the team - whoever needs to know you're a VCP (employer, partner) can also contact the team to get confirmation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vCenter™ Server to VCP: VMware Certified Professional

Congratulations on your VCP!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You very much vmroyale.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Congratulations!

Unfortunately there's no e-certificate available for the VCP, only the printed certificate. However, I think the certification should show up in your transcript within the next few business days.

André

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no e-certificate, you'll need to wait for your transcript to be updated.

Email certification@vmware.com if you need any assistance from the team - whoever needs to know you're a VCP (employer, partner) can also contact the team to get confirmation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

As above said ... I think you should have received print copy immediately once you passed your exam from exam center.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you sure the VCP5 task is shown as complete under myTasks?

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

yes, I have provide all information as requested in mail.

Please refer to the attached screen shot.

Thanks

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You a.p.

Thanks for your suggestion. I guess I need to wait for some more days to get it update. Smiley Happy

Thanks

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mohammad,

Yes, I received a print copy, but I don't think that can be used as a proof for VCP because that is just a mark-sheet without having an authorized signature.. Still I will try that one also.

Thanks for your suggestion

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

I think for time being  you can use that since it is computer generated marks sheet. Eles  refer this discussion

http://communities.vmware.com/message/2029677

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah Sure...

Thanks Mohammed

Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From that second screenshot you posted, you had not completed the "Workstation License" task - that would cause the problem you are experiencing with your transcript.

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK. That was not mentioned in mail, that I got from VM Ware. They just mentioned only three details to confirm.  Anyway thank you very much Scott.
By the way is it mandatory to request for a Work Station 9 licence??

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The graphic you posted shows that task as mandatory, given the AND before it and the AND after it.

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ha ha ha ha.. :smileylaugh:

Very nice observation.. I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
I got my transcript updated as soon as I requested for licence. (screenshot attached)

Thanks and Regards

Ashish

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

As Neil Armstrong would say: "That's one small step for a man, one giant step for mankind!" Smiley Wink

André

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ha ha ha ha... That's right...  :smileysilly:

Ashish

0 Kudos