VMware Edu & Cert Community
qwert1235
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCP 5 without course deadline

Hello:

There were no course requirement for VCP4 to pass VCP5 until February 29, 2012.

Does anybody know if VMware extended this date (as they always used to do last years)?

Thank you,

Oleg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If the deadline was going to be extended I think we'd have know by now, given that it is February 29th today.

VCP5 is the first time that VMware have stated a 6-month deadline right from the launch of the new exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just curious, what was it before?  Longer or shorter?

0 Kudos
qwert1235
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

before they extended it, but I am not sure how long was the first period 6 or 3 months as Scott wrote

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From memory, it was 3 months each time for previous "upgrades" and was extended by 1 month on both occasions (VCP2 > VCP3 and VCP3 > VCP4). I don't think an extension is necessary this time around for that reason.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos