VMware Edu & Cert Community
kopper27
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCP 5 = this new VCP5-DV?

hi guys

I got my VCP 5 in January now I see too any stuu about certification in the vmware website...and I want to be sure does my VPC 5 is the same as this new VCP5-DV?

thank a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP5-DV is the new name for what was VCP5. Here's the new set of suffixes:

-DV = Datacenter Virtualization = vSphere

-DT = Desktop = View

-Cloud = Cloud = vCloud Director

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP5-DV is the new name for what was VCP5. Here's the new set of suffixes:

-DV = Datacenter Virtualization = vSphere

-DT = Desktop = View

-Cloud = Cloud = vCloud Director

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
dompedro
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there any extra requirements for current VCP5 holders, in order to get the VCP5-DV designation?  Do we have to re-take the VCP5 exam?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VCP5-DV is just a rebranding of VCP5, so you are a VCP5-DV now.

0 Kudos