VMware Edu & Cert Community
Ace007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP 5 exam requirements

Hello Friends,

Ii have my VCP510 test scheduled on November 30 2011, end of this month, and i am a VCP4.

As per the VMware site current VCP4 -There is no course requirement until February 29, 2012. Means i can give the test without attending any class.

But i heard from my friends that, one of HP Sales guy told him that it is mandatory to attend class, and he is attending to it.

Could anyone clear me please,, i am worried about it.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you are correct.  If you are VCP4 you can go sit the VCP5 exam with no classtime prerequisite, prior to the date you outlined.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you are correct.  If you are VCP4 you can go sit the VCP5 exam with no classtime prerequisite, prior to the date you outlined.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ditto to what Troy said - you should know better than listen to Sales Guys

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As a VCP4, you do not have to attend a course to qualify for VCP5, exactly as you mentioned - attendance is entirely optional at the moment. Your friend has been told something that simply isn't true if he is also a VCP4.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
radiolandog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As a VCP4, should you not pass the VCP5, can you retake the VCP5 exam without the class requirement (before the cutoff date)?

Not planning to fail, but I did not pass my first VCP4 exam (which really threw me for a loop).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As long as you pass the VCP5 exam by the end of February, then yes you could have multiple attempts if required.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog