VMware Edu & Cert Community
geenpaddyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCP 5 about to expire - VCP 6 or VCP 6.5?

My VCP 5 is about to expire in November so I am considering my options.

It is my understanding that once I hold the valid VCP 5 that I can take the bridge exam( 2V0-621D) to get to VCP 6.

Or I can take a 2V0-622 exam which would get me to VCP6.5.

Am I correct in the above?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 1 here: VCP6-DCV Certification (you could also pass the regular 2V0-621 rather than the delta 2V0-621D that is mentioned)

OR

Path 2 here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 1 here: VCP6-DCV Certification (you could also pass the regular 2V0-621 rather than the delta 2V0-621D that is mentioned)

OR

Path 2 here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
geenpaddyman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you Scott!

In your opinion would it make more sense to take the VCP 6.5 now?

The bridge exam doesn't have a lot of material that I could find online but now that I know I don't have to take it I can chose between the 6 or 6.5 path.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

6.5 would make sense from the perspective of it being the current version, it would be the better one to have on your CV - but then there are many more 6.0 exam resources available as it's been around for longer.