VMware Edu & Cert Community
kaywat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP 4.1 Exam till ???

Hi,

i had this course last dezember "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V4.0]". The course ended 9 dezember.

I want to know, what is the last date (for me) to do the exam for VCP 4.1?

Is it the 9 dezember this year?

Or do i have the hole dezember to pass exam an get the VCP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

kaywat wrote:

Thanks i know that now.

But i have been told that i have to do the examn within one year after ending the course. Becourse after thatr time i can do the exam, but i will not get the VCP because the course is more than one year ago.

i dont want to waste money in leting this course expire.

Worry not, If you took one of the approved vSphere 4 classes (i.e. install config manage, fast track, etc...) then there isn't a time limit to pass your VCP4 exam before it expires.

If you have received a free test voucher then that is maybe where the expiration date you're thinking of is coming from.

The Feburary 29th date is the latest a current VCP4 can take and pass a VCP5 exam without additional classes in order to get the VCP5 title.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you have time. The VCP410 exam is still valid. As on now, I have not heard of a retirement date.  As long as you sit/pass the exam before it's retired there is no set timeframe.

vvgirish
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I think the last day would be 29th Feb 2012

Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

0 Kudos
kaywat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok? I ask because the course leader said that i have to do the exam within one year!

Or is that wrong? Do i have till the course is valid for exam? so 29. feb 2012?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

see http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/faqs.cfm

When will the VCP4 exam no longer be available?
There is no set deadline for retiring the VCP4  exam. A sufficient time period is always allowed before we retire an  exam to ensure that the time and expense spent preparing to take the  exam is not wasted. Please visit the VCP4 page on the VMware  Certification portal to follow announcements for the VCP4 exam  retirement.
kaywat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks i know that now.

But i have been told that i have to do the examn within one year after ending the course. Becourse after thatr time i can do the exam, but i will not get the VCP because the course is more than one year ago.

0 Kudos
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

kaywat wrote:

Thanks i know that now.

Worry not, If you took one of the approved vSphere 4 classes (i.e. install config manage, fast track, etc...) then there isn't a time limit to pass your VCP4 exam before it expires.

If you have received a free test voucher then that is maybe where the expiration date you're thinking of is coming from.

The Feburary 29th date is the latest a current VCP4 can take and pass a VCP5 exam without additional classes in order to get the VCP5 title.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As others have said, your course will qualify you for VCP4 for as long as the VCP410 exam remains available, and as yet the retirement date for the exam has not been announced.

If you were issued with an exam voucher code as part of your training, there is every chance that the voucher may have expired - if it has you will have to pay for the exam when you book it.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kaywat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok thank you all.

Thats what i wantd to hear 😉

0 Kudos
NeuroReaction
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well i am  slacker, is this test still available or am i looking right at it and missing it?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Still available: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=22519&ui=www_cert

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos