VMware Edu & Cert Community
kskc75
Contributor
Contributor

VCP 3.5 / VI 2.5 - upgrade path

Hi All,

I know i may be asking a rather silly question and a bit outdated when compared to the vmware technology right now but i am a VCP on 3.5 and VI 2.5 having done that way back in 2008. Never got a chance to work on vm environment though so my knowledge remained more theory than practical. However, i would like to upgrade my certifications to the latest. What is the patch available to me and any idea on the cost involved.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

KC

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

As the graphis on this page http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=12457&ui=www will give you the information you will need - basically you will need to sit for the What's New Class

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Right now you have two options:

1. Attend the 2-day vSphere 5: What's New course, pass the VCP5 exam.

2. Attend the 5-day vSphere 5: Install Configure Mange course, pass the VCP5 exam.

Option 1 is cheaper due to the course length, but will assume that your skills/knowledge are already at VCP4-level, the course is aimed at those that know vSphere 4 and are looking to understand about new and updates features in vSphere 5, also how to upgrade a vSphere 4 environment to vSphere 5.

Option 2 will act as a good refresher for you, given that you said yourself that your knowledge is mainly theoretical, and will cover more of the topics in the VCP5 exam.

What is unclear is if Option 1 will be available indefinitely.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos